Skip to Main Content
Resources covered in the presentation
- USDA Economic Research Service (USDA-ERS) has reports and datasets on the economics of food, farming, natural resources, and rural America. Includes Outlooks, Research Reports, and Amber Waves magazine articles
- Rural Health Information Hub (RHIhub). The Rural Health Information Hub, formerly the Rural Assistance Center, is funded by the Federal Office of Rural Health Policy to be a national clearinghouse on rural health issues. It’s the national clearinghouse on rural health issues, and has Information, data, resources, and funding opportunities related to rural healthcare delivery and population health.
- County Health Rankings & Roadmaps is a collaboration between Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and the University of Wisconsin Population Health Institute. It ranks counties on key health factors and health outcomes and offers collections of evidence-based strategies for improving community health.
- Community Guide to Advance Health Information Equity is an interactive resource developed and maintained by NNLM Region 6 (Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Illinois, Iowa, and Wisconsin). It uses county stories to highlight health information needs (health equity, health literacy, and digital health literacy).
- MedlinePlus is NLM’s consumer health portal. It contains information on diseases and conditions, wellness issues, drugs and supplements, and medical tests sources from 500+ vetted organizations. It’s a great place to find information for your patients.