You can easily share or embed any Kanopy film (or clip or playlist you create) through the sharing tools below the film. "Embedding" a film means that you embed the whole video player into another website (a website, course management system, blog, etc) so that the film appears and can be watched there as opposed to having to click on a separate link to the film.
- Below every film (and clip/playlist) in Kanopy you will notice a button for "Share / Embed". If you select this button two tabs will come up which allow you to share or embed the film. The default tab will be the "Share" option, so select the "Embed" tab.
- Simply copy the HTML code that will look something like this: <iframe width='640' height='390' src='http://miamioh.kanopystreaming.com/embed/127224' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen></iframe>
- Open your Canvas course.
- Click Pages, then Add Pages.
- Click the HTML Editor button.
- Paste the embed code.
- Change the "http" in the embed URL to "https".
- Click Save.