New York Times Access
Academic Site License Implementation With Group Passes
An Academic Site License using NYTimes Group Passes provides users on the Oxford campus with full access to NYTimes.com and the NYTimes.com smartphone apps.*
- Enjoy access to NYTimes.com from any device.
- Once activated from within your school’s network, an NYTimes.com Group Pass can be used from any location for the duration of your license period.
New Users: How to Activate a Pass
While physically on campus and within your school’s network:
1. Go to nytimes.com/grouppass.
2. Create an NYTimes.com account using your school email address. If you already have an NYTimes.com account using your school email address, you may log in with those credentials.
3. When you see START YOUR ACCESS, the expiration time and date of your pass will appear.
4. Go to NYTimes.com and enjoy your full access from any location!
Once you have activated the Group Pass provided by your school, it should allow you full access until your expiration date with no further action on your part. However, if for any reason while on NYTimes.com you are served the message that you are reaching the limit of free articles on the site, do the following:
Make sure you are logged in to the NYTimes.com account with which you activated your Group Pass. If you log out of your account or visit NYTimes.com on a device where you are not logged in, you can simply log in to your account to continue enjoying access.
If your Group Pass has expired: Visit nytimes.com/grouppass to activate a new pass. A new pass will be available to you if your school has designated additional access periods and you activate it while physically within your school’s network on campus. For example, if each pass at your school lasts 24 hours, you may revisit nytimes.com/grouppass as necessary to continue your access. Make sure you are logged in to the NYTimes.com account with which you activated your Group Pass.
Your Group Pass includes access to The New York Times via the NYTimes smartphone apps. To download your free smartphone apps by visiting: http://www.nytimes.com/services/mobile/index.html