Image groups are a powerful feature of ARTstor that enables you to organize and batch-export sets of images. Think of "image groups" as being similar to "playlists" for music.
Create image groups
- Single-click on images that you want to save to an image group.
- Go to Organize > Save images to > New Image Group. Select where you want your new image group folder to be located.
- If you want to add more images to the image group, repeat the first 2 steps, except use Save images to > Existing Image Group instead of "new" image group.
- Here are some more details of how to create and manage your image groups: Working with image groups
- If you are an instructor and want to know how to create instructor-level image groups that can be viewed by your students, view this video
Exporting an image group to Powerpoint
It's easy to export an entire image group to Powerpoint, with all of the metadata for the images included in the Notes field. You need to have Powerpoint 2007 or later installed on your computer. Each user is limited to exporting 1000 images to Powerpoint in 120 days.
- Go to the image group you wish to export. Make sure there are less than 100 images in the image group.
- Click on the "Export to Powerpoint" icon near the upper-right portion of the screen.
- For more information view the ARTstor help guide here: Export image group to Powerpoint
If you have problems with downloading
- Disable popup blockers.
- In Internet Explorer, add *.artstor.org as a trusted site.
- Verify that you have an up-to-date version of Java installed.
- Be sure you do NOT rename the file until after you have saved it locally.