These are the files you can use to practice this project. Right-click on the filename, choose "Save Link as..." and save each file to the desktop. You'll import the images into iMovie and use the script to record the story.
Directions for the iMovie Project
First, download the image and script files (at left):
1. Right-click on the file name.
2. Choose "Save Link As..."
3. Save the file to the desktop.
Next, open iMovie:
1. Locate the iMovie HD icon in the dock and click to open.
2. Click "Create New Project."
3. In the Project box, name the file your last name; "Where" should de the Desktop.
4. Click "Create."
Now, we need to import the image/film files into your iMovie project:
1. Go to File -- Import.
2. Choose the image files you saved to the desktop and click "Open."
3. Once the files have finished importing, they will show up as a tiles on the right side of the screen. Drag that tile to the project builder along the bottom to begin working with the image.
To add audio:
1. Beneath the tiled window on the right side of the program, click on the "Media" button.
2. From this menu, you can record sound or add sound effects.
To record the script: Click on the record button at the bottom right of the menu. Click again when finished. Record one page at a time.
To add a sound effect: Choose the sound effect you would like to add from the menu. Position the playhead where you would like to add the effect and then click "Place at playhead." You can drag and adjust the placement once it is added to your project.
When finished, begin the export process.
To export your project:
1. When you've finished making all the changes you need to make, you will need to export your project.
2. Go to File -- Export.
3. From the drop-down menu for quality, choose "Web Streaming."
4. Click "Share."
5. You can change the file name if you need to, and save to the desktop.
To upload your project to YouTube (if required):
1. Go to www.youtube.com and sign in with your ID and password. If you don't already have an ID and password, you will need to sign up for one. (If you use Gmail, you can use your Google account to sign in.)
2. Click "upload."
3. Click the yellow "upload video" button, choose your video, and click open.
4. Once the video is uploaded, you can change the title, add a description, and give it keywords. MAKE SURE to change the privacy setting to "unlisted" if you don't want your video to be public.
5. Copy the URL from the "Sharing Options" box to send to your instructor. Click "Save changes."
6. Email your instructor with your URL to turn in the video.