Skip to main content
Affiliated Patrons of the Libraries Privileges and Policies
Miami University Libraries Materials:
- A limit of 20 items may be checked out to an individual at one time.(This includes OhioLINK items.)
- The normal checkout period for most books is 3 weeks.
- Most items can be renewed.
- Overdue fines for Miami University books are 50 cents per day to a maximum of $15.00.
- Replacement charges for lost Miami University items are $115.00 per item ($70.00 replacement fee, $30.00 processing fee, and a $15.00 billing fee).
Miami University Electronic Resources:
- All online databases, indexes, and other electronic resources are available on campus ONLY.
- A maximum of 5 OhioLINK items may be in use at one time.
- OhioLINK books have a 21-day loan period and can be renewed up to times as long as another patron has not placed a hold on it.•OhioLINK media materials (videos, tapes, CD’s, DVD’s, etc.) typically have a 7-day loan period and cannot be renewed.
- Overdue fines for OhioLINK materials are 50 cents per day for the first 30 days. An additional non-refundable late charge of $50.00 is added for items more than 30 days overdue.
- Replacement charges for lost OhioLINK items are$125.00 per item ($75.00 replacement fee and a $50.00 processing fee).
Services Not Included:
- Affiliated Patrons may not check out textbook materials for grades K-12 from the Instructional Materials Center (IMC).
- Electronic resources are not available off campus to Affiliated Patrons.
- Interlibrary Loan is not available to Affiliated Patrons of the Library.